Halloween Book Tag
31 October 2015 2 Comments
I nabbed this from Scifi and Scary, because it seemed like a fun, simple Halloween themed thing to post today. I’m not going to tag anyone, because after today it won’t be Halloween any more, but if you do fancy doing it, please feel free!
1. Carving pumpkins: What book would you carve up and light on fire?
Keeping it Halloween/monsters/scary themed, i’m going to say The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories by H.P. Lovecraft, because it was pretty damn terrible.
2. Trick or treat: What character is a treat, what character is a trick?
Merricat from We Have Always Lived in the Castle is a bit of a trick, in that throughout the book we sympathies with her and her situation… only to have been tricked by her all along.
Phyllis from The Kraken Wakes will forever be a treat. Independent, strong willed and level headed, it’s her forward planning that helps them in the long run.
3. Candy corn: What book is always sweet?
I’m trying to go with sweet but still Halloween-y, and the best I can do is What Dreams May Come, which surrounds death and the afterlife, but also love and hope.
4. Ghosts: What character would you love to visit you as a ghost?
Zellaby from The Midwich Cuckoos. I’d be fine with him scaring me with all his philosophy-ing as I lay in bed at night.
5. Dressing up in costume: What character would you want to be for a day?
Celia from The Night Circus. Mostly because black and white and being able to wander around and be a part of Le Cirque des Reves.
6. Wizards and witches: What is your favourite Harry Potter moment?
7. Blood and gore: What book was so creepy that you had to take a break from it for a while?
I’m not sure I had a break from it, but the book that always comes to mind when I think about genuinely scary books is The Shining by Stephen King. He made topiary and hose pipes petrifying!